Although some cleaning companies do not follow it at all, at Shipshape we follow the colour coding guidelines to the letter, as colour coding is imperative to keep your office or school environment healthy and germ free.
We are always surprised when we visit prospective clients, how many clients have cleaners cupboards with no evidence of colour coded mops, buckets and cloths.
What you need to look for is:
All cloths, mops and buckets used for cleaning the Washroom/Bathroom toilets & floors should be ONE colour i.e. RED
All cloths, mops and buckets used for cleaning the Washroom/Bathroom sinks should be ONE colour i.e. YELLOW
All cloths, mops and buckets used for cleaning the Kitchens/Coffee Stations etc should be ONE colour i.e. BLUE
All cloths, mops and buckets used for cleaning the Office Desks, Sills & Ledges should be ONE colour i.e. GREEN
If you see used cloths all together that are different colours, or a red mop in a blue bucket alarm bells should ring.
Whatever colour system is being used, it needs to be communicated, at Shipshape Cleaning we ensure:
– All staff are trained on our colour coding at Shipshape Cleaning, even if they are aware of the system we do refresher training to ensure they know their colours
– A copy is kept in the site folder for reference by staff
– A laminated copy is stuck on the inside of the cleaning cupboard door on site as a visual reminder
– All sites have the same system, so cleaners who float between sites or move to a different location know it will be the same on all our sites
– On our regular site reviews, colour coding is checked, and staff all receive refresher training, including colour coding practice, after one years service with the company
Make sure the environment you work in is being kept safe and healthy.